Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day Off



I took a break from work on Saturday. I had a long informational meeting with students who will be going to Italy with me, and I had a multitude of errands to run, and then I went to yoga class to de-stress. I had dinner with friends that evening and a much needed night off.






I do need time off for relaxation, so that creativity can flow.






Last week, I shipped a painting to the Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Show in Grand Junction, Colorado. That painting is posted here. I used several unusual techniques to create this piece. I'll ship a painting of Radda, Italy, to NYC next week, for an exhibit there, and I just found out that "Round 'n Round" was selected for the annual Virginia Watercolor Society State Show in Norfolk, VA, this spring. These national and regional shows are very competitive, and usually have 600 or so entries and about 85 paintings are generally selected. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I am accepted into these exhibits.






It's 8:59 am on Sunday and I'm headed to the studio now to continue tweaking a painting with dappled light and clothes on a clothesline and to begin another one. The paper has been drawn on, stretched and dried...so, it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment