Sunday, February 12, 2012

Building Light No. Two


I'm still working. I enjoyed a night off last night to see Arlo Guthrie. It was a great show, but, as I looked down across the orchestra, I saw a sea of grey hair.... it really hit me. My generation, the generation of love and hippies and blue jeans....was old. Ugh!

I'm building light in this painting with one glaze after another, always considering to place warms against cools.

I also worked on a piece that I've been struggling to finish. I poured paint on the "completed" painting and atomized on the shadow areas, but I'm still not sure that it will go into my solo exhibits scheduled for this year. Only my very best pieces will be on exhibit.

I paint because I love it. There's nothing else I'd rather do on a cold and blustery Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment