Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pouring: And Loving It.


I just found out that I won an award at the Baltimore Watercolor Society's 2011 show. That's pretty exciting! I'm surprised, too, because when I dropped off my "Chinatown I" painting, my first thought was that I was absolutely lucky to even be included in the show! The BWS show is becoming one of the top in the country; the quality of work is remarkable. Go see the show if you can at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda, MD during April through early May, 2011. Again, I was amazed at some of the paintings I was looking at.

Here's a picture of the painting that I've poured on several times. I'm now hand painting and I expect to pour on it several more times. I enjoy incorporating pouring and atomizing; these are both ways to glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment