Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wet on Wet: Paint it Fast and Paint it Loose

My final classes before summer of 2013 are coming to an end.

I'm demonstrating some fun, fast and loose wet on wet demonstrations in all classes until the end of May.  It's a great warm up for painting outdoors.  I love wetting the paper, and placing that pigment onto the damp cotton and seeing what will happen.  I love it when the colors fuse together and make something rather unexpected.  I love the soft edges that occur, and then the hard edges that develop as the paper dries.
I enjoy seeing the different values that melt into one another throughout the process.  The speed with which I can paint in the wet on wet technique is a lot of fun, too.


Here's a painting of Cole's Farm....done in about 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment