Saturday, December 8, 2012

Snow and Sheep - Sheep and Snow

Here it is December, 2012, so I've been busy painting scenes of snow, the rural countryside, the mountains and....sheep.  I have some sheep living along my rural country road, and I cannot stop looking at them and sketching them.

I've been painting sheep in the snow.....I'm using 140 lb hot press and 140 lb cold pressed rough papers, which are not my usual surfaces, but I'm having a wonderful time experimenting with techniques and papers.  Here is a picture of "Sheep in the Snow."

I've also been busily making deliveries of cards, prints and paintings to many locations around Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. Check out these locations for work by Catherine Hillis:  The Arts Center in Orange, VA; The Delaplaine Visual Arts and Education Center; The Loft in Culpeper, VA; Everyday Elegance in Purcellville, VA; ArtSquare in Leesburg, VA;  and The Pennello Gallery, Cleveland, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment